Remote Assistance provides a way for you to get the help you need when you run into problems with your computer. If you're an experienced user, you can even be the one to use Remote Assistance to directly help your friends and family members.
There are three ways to use Remote Assistance:
1. Use Remote Assistance via Instant Messaging
2. Use Remote Assistance via E-Mail
3. Use Remote Assistance via Sending a File
To use Remote Assistance, you will need:
1. Two computers running Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Windows XP Home Edition. The computer receiving assistance and the computer providing assistance must both run Windows XP.
2. Both computers must be connected via a network or the Internet.
3. Windows Messenger must be installed on both computers.