When a user initiates the Switch User option, the computer returns to the Welcome screen. The current user's session remains active and another user can now log on and use the computer. You can initiate the Switch User command in any of the following ways:
Switch Users From the Task Manager
1. Click Start--> click Log off--> and then click Switch User.
2. Open Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DELETE)--> and then click Switch User on the Shut Down menu.
3. Hold down the Windows key--> and then press the L key).
Switch Users From the Standard Logon Screen
1. Click Start--> click Log Off--> and then click Switch User. The Windows XP logon screen appears and displays the number of running programs for each user under that user name.
2. Click the user that you want to switch to.
3. Type your password--> and then click the arrow button to log on to the computer.