Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Restore My Documents Folder to Its Default Location

By default, the target or actual location of the My Documents folder is C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents, where C is the drive in which Windows is installed, and user name is the currently logged-on user. You can change the target if you want My Documents to point to a different folder location Or bring it back to its default location if it has been moved.

To restore the My Documents folder to its default location, follow these steps:

1. Click Start--> and then point to My Documents.


2. Right-click My Documents--> and then click Properties.


3. Click Restore Default--> and then click OK.


4. In the Move Documents box--> click Yes to move your documents to the new location--> or click No to leave your documents in the original location.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog