Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Remove Or Hide My Documents Folder from the Start menu

If you do not want to display My Documents on the Start menu, follow these steps:


1. Right-click Start--> and then click Properties--> Or if the Start menu is already displayed--> right-click an empty area of the Start menu--> and then click Properties.




2. Click Customize.


3. Click the Advanced tab.


4. In the Start menu items list--> under My Documents--> click Don't display this item--> and then click OK twice.

The next time you click Start--> the My Documents folder is no longer displayed on the Start menu.

NOTE: Removing the My Documents folder from the Start menu does not remove the files stored in the target location of the My Documents folder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog