If your computer is equipped with a CD recorder that supports CD rewritable (CD-RW) discs, you can erase and then reuse the rewritable disc.
How to Erase Files From a CD-RW Disc:
1. Double-click the My Computer icon on your desktop.
2. In My Computer--> right-click the CD recording drive--> and then click Open. Windows displays a temporary storage area where files are held before they are copied to the CD. Files or folders that are located in the temporary storage area are listed in the Files Ready to Be Written to the CD box.
3. In the CD Writing Tasks pane--> click Erase this CD-RW--> The Welcome to the CD Writing Wizard dialog box is displayed.
4. After you click Next--> the Erasing the CD dialog box is displayed and the progress bar displays the progress of the process.
5. When the process is finished--> you receive a message in the notification area and you can use the CD-RW disc.
Note: Not all CDs are erasable. If the CD that you are using is not erasable, then this feature is not available.