Create a connection to the shared folder on the computer that you want to use to open the files. You can connect to the shared folder in two ways:
• You can directly open the shared folder. This is the quickest way to get to your shared files.
— or —
• You can map a drive letter to the shared folder. This way makes it easier to open the folder in the future.
Open a shared folder:
1. On your desktop--> double-click My Network Places.
Note: If My Network Places is not on your desktop--> click Start--> and then click My Network Places on the Start menu.
3. In the Map Network Drive dialog box--> click Browse.
5. In the Map Network Drive dialog box--> make a note of the drive letter shown--> and then click Finish.
6. If prompted--> type your user name and password--> and then click OK.
Microsoft Windows XP will open a folder to your shared files. In the future, you can open the shared folder from My Computer by clicking the appropriate drive letter.