COM+ Event System Service
Service Name: EventSystem
Supports System Event Notification Service (SENS), which provides automatic distribution of events to subscribing Component Object Model (COM) components. If the service is stopped, SENS will close and will not be able to provide logon and logoff notifications. If this service is disabled, any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
1. Default setting in Windows XP Professional: Manual
2. Default setting in Windows XP Home: Manual
3. This Windows service logs on as: Local System
4. The default path for this Windows service is:
%systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
5. This Windows service depends on the following system components: Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
6. The following services have a dependency on this service: None.