Address Book provides a convenient place to store your contact information for easy retrieval from programs such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft NetMeeting, and Microsoft Phone System.
Open the Address Book from Windows XP Programs:
Click Start--> point to Programs--> point to Accessories--> and then click Address Book.
Open the Address Book from Outlook or Outlook Express:
1. Start Outlook, or Outlook Express.
2. Press CTRL+SHIFT+B--> or, on the Tools menu--> click Address Book.
Add Names to the Address Book Manually:
1. In the Address Book--> click the folder to which you want to add a contact.
2. On the Address Book toolbar--> click New--> and then click New Contact.
3. On the Name tab--> type at least the first name and last name of the contact. This is the display name. If you type a first name, middle name, or last name, the name is automatically displayed in the Display box.
4. You can change the display name by typing a different name or by selecting it from the drop-down list. This list contains variations of the first name, middle name, and last name, as well as anything that you typed in the Nickname box, or the Company box on the Business tab.
5. Add any additional information that you want to include on the other tabs.
6. When you finish adding the information--> click OK.
Add the Sender's Name from an E-mail Message to the Address Book:
In a message that you are viewing or replying to--> right-click the person's name--> and then click Add to Address Book.
In the message list of your Inbox or other mail folder--> right-click a message--> and then click Add Sender to Address Book.
Add the Sender's Name from a Reply Message to the Address Book Automatically:
Note: When you reply to an e-mail message, you can automatically add the sender's name to your Address Book.
1. In Outlook or Outlook Express--> on the Tools menu--> click Options.
2. On the Send tab--> click Automatically put people I reply to in my Address Book.
Remove Names from the Address Book:
To delete a contact from your Address Book--> click the contact that you want to delete--> and then click Delete on the toolbar. The contact name is also removed from any groups that it is in.
Organize Names in the Address Book:
When you have a large Address Book, you can organize it in several ways to make it easy to retrieve contacts and groups:
1. To sort contacts by name--> e-mail address--> phone number--> click the appropriate column heading above the list.
2. To switch columns between ascending sort order and descending sort order--> click the column heading.
3. To change the order of the columns--> use a drag-and-drop operation to move the column heading to the left or right until it is located where you want it.