Microsoft Windows XP operating system permits the creation of a user account for each person sharing a computer. Each user account can be customized for screen appearance, settings and privacy. Windows XP allows for an unlimited number of user accounts. To create a Windows XP user account, follow these steps.
Create a new user profile on the workgroup computer
1. Log on as the Administrator or as a user with administrator credentials.
2. Click Start--> and then click Control Panel.
3. Click User Accounts.
4. Under Pick a task--> click Create a new account.
5. Type a name for the user information--> and then click Next.
6. Click an account type--> and then click Create Account.