Manually Configure Devices Using Device Manager.
When you install a non-Plug and Play device, the resource settings for the device are not automatically configured. Depending on the type of device that you are installing, you may have to manually configure these settings. Instructions for doing so should be supplied in the manual that came with your device.
Remember: Changing resource settings improperly can disable your hardware and cause your computer to malfunction or become inoperable. You should only change resource settings if you are certain that the new settings do not conflict with other hardware, or if a hardware manufacturer has provided you with specific resource settings for a device. Use caution before you use the following procedure.
To configure devices:
2. On the Hardware tab--> click Device Manager. Double-click the type of device you want to change.
3. Double-click the specific device you want to change. If the device has resources settings that you can change--> the Resources tab is visible.
4. Click the Resources tab--> and then click to clear the Use automatic settings check box. This check box might be unavailable if you have selected a non-Plug and Play device.
5. In Setting based on--> click the hardware configuration you want to change.
6. In the Resource settings box--> click the resource type you want to change in the Resource type column.
7. Click Change Setting--> and then type a new value for the resource type.